Monday, October 22, 2007

A Yummy Treat. And yet another mummy...

I know it looks like plain ole popcorn, right?

It is actually popcorn covered in white chocolate, with festive holiday m&m's thrown in for color. I got these cute bags at Michael's on clearance (Martha Stewart) and they were $2.00 for 15--and they came with the ribbon and orange insert. I warn you--this stuff is completely addictive! I had these at the crop this weekend, and they were a hit! You could also jazz them up and really personalize them, which I love.And I know it seems like I have a thing for mummies (okay, maybe I do...) but here is one more for you...

Here is what you'll need: Cheesecloth, double sided tape, small googlie eyes and wooden stick figures (www.darice.com or if you're in Ohio, you can get them at Catan's).
Simply cut strips of 1" cheesecloth and start wrapping. I did secure it with the tape to get started, so it held tight and didn't tend to unravel. When it was complete, I added the eyes. I plan on sticking them into little decorative paint cans that are filled with goodies to give to special neighbors for Halloween. I'll show you a finished project later. (And they'd also be great in cupcakes for a classroom treat too!)
Sorry--not the best finished photo--but you get the idea!

Enjoy your Monday!

3 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Oh, those goodie bags are too cute, and your mummies are adorable!!
So many great ideas, Trish!

Noel said...

oh I saw those Mummies in the Family Fun magazine this month. I can't wait to give them a try...very cute!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to the recipe for the popcorn??? If there is one....