Monday, November 26, 2007

All About Eve...

The lovely ladies over at All About Eve asked Work In Progress to sponsor one of their challenges a while back, and I was so excited to accept the invitation! I've loved their work for some time on that blog, and I was instantly impressed with all the cool layouts.

So the lovely Anilu accepted the challenge this week, and here is her amazing layout:The title of this challenge is "hindsight." And if you'd like the opportunity to win a free WIP kit, check them out! You're bound to get a creative jump-start over there for sure...

And in other crafty goodness, here is a little project completed in about 40 minutes with the help of two kiddos doing the toothpicks and gumdrops...

Start off with a box of toothpicks (broken in half), two tubs of red and green gumdrops, and a Styrofoam cone.

Start at the bottom and work your way up. I decided early on I'd do two rows of colors and then switch up. You can do whatever you like!
It may not look like it but my cone is 18 inches high. Of course, smaller cones would take less time and less candy.
They look really cool in sets, so we'll be doing more of these, for sure...

6 comments:

Molly said...

Ok, so doing that tree with the kids and yay on the blog challenge at ALl About Eve! I let everyone know at SDD! :D I will let others know on my blog, too! :D

Valerie said...

Okay, I was in the midst of planning my button tree (like everyone else) and NOW I have to do the gumdrop tree. You are killing me! (But, I love IT!:))

Janelle said...

i love this idea!!! i think we will be doing some! :D

AnilĂș Magloire said...

I love this idea, Trish! Plus, how delish is it??!?!?

Nicole Eshelman said...

Yummy tree and adorable LO, Anilu!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the layout Anilu! And love that dang gumdrop tree... adding to my list of things to do :)