Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yes, I actually scrapbook...

Honestly, I do. I made this last week using pictures from a bridal shower I attended last year in Cincinnati using K&Co. papers and a BH sketch (of course!)...
I've been working like a dog making class kits for the Grade School Album class in about 2 weeks. I'm continuing to take names for kits, so if you are interested, email me! I promise I'll do my best to keep up!

I wanted to announce a really cool event I've decided to put together on the blog today. I'm going to officially host a Fall Weekend Retreat at the Bertam Inn!! I can't tell you how excited I am to put this together and offer it to all of you!!! Last month I attended an event held there as a participant, and I was blown away by the whole thing. The place was beautiful, and I was so impressed. Not only was the ballroom beautiful, each person had their own 6-foot table, and the room was open 24-hours so some scrapbooked into the morning. The guest rooms were top notch, although I have to admit I didn't spend a lot of time in mine--LOL! The thing that really sold me had to be the 5-star cuisine. I had heard about their food from people who have attended events there, and man, they weren't kidding...

So, a few quick answers to some of the questions I know you're going to ask!! The date is Friday, November 14th-Sunday, November 16th, 2008. Everyone will have their own 6-foot table. Food will include appetizers and snacks on Friday night, breakfast buffet, dinner, and a fondue bar on Saturday night, and breakfast on Sunday morning. The event goes from 5:00 pm Friday through 2:00pm Sunday. Door prizes and daily drawings for giveaways.

Prices per person are as follows: Double Occupancy: $249, Triple Occupancy: $229, and Quad Occupancy: $219. And for those of you who have attended prior events at this facility, you'll know this a steal.

I will have the full details on the website in the next few days, and I'll also post any updates right here!! I look forward to a wonderful Fall weekend with my scrap friends, and I promise the event will be one to remember!! The event I attended last month with Shelly Lamb sold out in less than a day. Although I don't anticipate that kind of response, I do know the spots will fill quickly. To reserve your spot, please email me at Turay413@gmail.com, and let me know what type of room you would tentatively like to reserve (double, triple or quad). Deposits of 50% will be collected by May 15th, 2008, with the remainder due October 15th, 2008. And yes, you can use your paypal account to pay if you'd like!! How cool is that?

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! I'd love to meet some of you bloggers out there, because the local gals in this area are so fun!!

Have a great evening!

13 comments:

Molly said...

Ack, I must come! I so miss fall on the mainland! Hmmm, wonder how I can make Paul see that I MUST be there...:D

Rose R. said...

Trish, I have a silly question. Now don't laugh at it. Do men ever go to these weekend scrap retreats? Are they even welcome? Or is this like a weekend to get away from husbands?

Ryzmomplus2 said...

You know Deb and I will be there and I will check with the 2 Lisa's - Oh Rose you and Rich should come!!!!!

Trish said...

Hey Rose! There are no rules--I've never done this before, so of course Rich could come! I think for most people, it is a chance to get away from kids more than hubbies...LOL!

Damaris said...

OOOooohhhh...Trish, this sounds like fun...send me info...I can use a trip around that time of year.
Hugs

borcherding said...

OMG!! I am looking on mapquest RIGHT now to see if this would be doable for me as far as driving!!!!!!!!!!!!

borcherding said...

Wait??? Is this in MA?? I thought you were in Ohio???? Oh man, I'm gettin' a bad feeling it's not gonna be doable. :-(

Trish said...

Cindy--Scroll over the word "Bertram Inn" and click on the link. The place is here in Ohio! You crack me up! It's a throw down again...GAME ON!!

Valerie said...

I'm SO there. You KNOW I can't resist ANY of your events!!

Jana Eubank said...

Aw, MAN! I soooo wish I lived closer!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

You are such an enabler!!! This is quite tempting, especially because I really want to meet you and share in the goodness :-) Hmm... Definitely something to think about!!! And Ohio in the fall must be beautiful, plus it's just after my b-day so I can treat myself... Can you tell I wanna go? Hugs!

Will said...

I will definitely plan on being there! I have 3 or 4 friends who are interested, too :-)

Rita said...

Man this is one time I wish I lived in Ohio!! That sounds like a wonderful place.