Thursday, October 29, 2009

A WIP WIP...

I have a little story for you.
So, I have been working on a mini album for about a month using the fantastic October kit. As soon as I saw the adorable Sasafrass number cards I knew they would be perfect for a month-by-month mini of my daughter's photos. I figured each month I could include her "official" photo and all the pertinent info (weight, height, etc).

But honestly, since I started it all those days ago...I've been stumped. Just totally stumped. Minis scare me to begin with, and for some reason (perhaps my total lack of sleep) I just can't come up with something that I like. I have about four pages done (she's seven months TODAY so I am *already* behind) and they are kind of hideous, so I'm afraid to share. I am notorious for starting projects and not finishing them, so I am going to ask YOU, the faithful WIP Blog readers, to hold me accountable. First, I want to know what you all do when you are stumped and need inspiration. I would love it if you could link in the comments to some of your favorite blogs, shopping sites, scrappy people, anything that could inspire me (please no competitor kit sites). Second, I VOW to show you the finished product the next time I am the blog host in the next week or so! So...LINK AWAY! I need your help! :)

And finally...I am betting there are some of you out there who have unfinished-itis like myself. I challenge you, in the next two weeks, to find a project that you began and never finished and get it done!!! Take a before photo and an after photo. There might even be a little prize in it the next time I blog! ;)

6 comments:

*krystyn* said...

If that is what you have so far, I think it's absolutely adorable!! I may have to steal this idea for some of E's pictures!!

I also suffer from unfinished-itis...

BabyBokChoy said...

I can think of 2 things that are unfinished, 1 is a 2009 calendar using Jenni Bowlin's calendars, lol. That one is not worth bothering!!! The other is 80% finished. Otherwise, I am pretty good about finishing up or throwing it out. I look forward to seeing your finished mini.

Jewel said...

I wish I had some wonderful advice but I am the Queen of Unfinished Projects!! You have inspired me to get me in gear to finish one of them though. Now, just to figure out which one to work on......

Jana Eubank said...

*raising hand* Yep. This is soooo me! I will definitely challenge myself along with you! Can't wait to see your mini! ;)

jamie said...

this can be common for me. and i take one of several apporoaches.
*maybe the project is just not going the way i first invisioned. i have to decide to scrap the whole idea and go a different direction. sometimes this can stump me, but an artist has to decide which projects are worth keeping and which are not.
*if i have a project haunting me on my table, i sometimes set a timer to challenge myself to get a certain portion of it done. often, when the timer rings, my mojo is fully in place and functioning, and i continue with the project.
*set the project up on a shelf where i can see it and wait for the inspo to find me again.
*research what other life artists have done with those products and hopefully find some direction from that.
hope that helps a little.

pickmepam said...

oh, i hardly ever finish a project if it's for myself! if it's a gift, no problem!