Friday, January 29, 2010

Inspired by...

I originally planned on writing this post about layouts with no photos. Do you have any of those laying around? I had to make a tough decision a couple of weeks ago regarding my job. Should I apply for a new position in a new building? Or should I stay where I am now? I was very stressed out by the whole thing, and I wanted to document it. However, I didn't think a layout with photos of my current school and a sad looking construction site would make for a very good layout! I decided it would be okay to just make a photoless layout!

So that is what this post was going to be about. But then...well then I saw this on Tumblr and knew that I HAD to use it for my layout, and I HAD to share it with you! :)

Hand-cut titles have been a part of scrapbooking for pretty much ever, but lately this look of truly hand-cut letters (like...whip out those child-safe scissors and get to it!) are creeping into peoples work. And I, for one, really like the look of it. :)

So here is my no-photo, hand-cut layout using supplies from the February kit and some of my own stash. It's WAY outside of the box for me...but was also way fun and even a bit therapeutic! :) Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

MichelleB said...

I don't have the patience to do it, but I like the look...especially your LO!

janet said...

Looks wonderful! Great way to help you make a decision!

Laina Lamb said...

THIS IS AWESOME! Sorry for the all caps, but it is.
I am going to do a handcut title page tonight. Thanks for the inspiration.

Trish said...

I love this, Em!! Good luck with the decision--I think you should go for it!! :)

jamie said...

that is a great page. love your take on this. think i need to bookmark it.
thanks!

Nathalie said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I have always loved the look of handcut letters but your page... it just rocks!