Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer. (So far.)

So far this Summer, I've listened to these two argue more than I can bear. Ugh. Don't let the fake smiles fool you...
I sat in on a dress rehearsal and recital for our daughter's dance team, and have taken her to practice over a dozen times. One month to go before Nationals. That smile on her face makes it worth while...
I've watched our youngest try to master the new hose nosel. This picture busts me up....
I received the most beautiful bunch of peonies from my friend a week after mine died off. I was so glad to see their faces again...(also my POTD that day...)
I took our youngest to Safetyville, where he got to ride a in a police car, fire truck, ambulance and bus...
I've fed and walked (yes, walked) our turtle Dennis twice a day. He is so spoiled, it isn't funny.
I visited my friend Jen and coveted her new iPhone case. She's an art teacher. Isn't it perfect?
And I discovered the most AWESOME Summer treat--a Rolo McFlurry from McDonald's. Sinful, honestly.
I sure hope your summer is off to a jump-start, too...
Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Well, you've been busy! What a sweet, heartwarming post!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Hahah! I had no idea you walked turtles :-)
I want that McFlurry and that iPhone case. How cool is that?!

Deb said...

Wow--busy lady, busy family! What I'm coveting is your backyard patio! Awesome!

janet said...

Cute post! I was wondering how the Rolo McFlurry would taste...now I must try it!! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

jamie said...

fabulous post.
great layout fodder.
you got me thinking now.
but you always do.
are you going to dallas for the nationals?
~j