Friday, July 27, 2012

This Pooch...

I got an email last week, asking about our dog. I thought it was so sweet, to inquire about our sweet pooch. And it got me thinking...
We've spent 10 months with him now.  And I'm not sure what I did before he joined our family.  It seems as though he fit in from the very start, and there wasn't much of an adjustment at all.  We still fuss over him.  It's quite riduculous, actually.  Jami and I double-team him and scratch his belly until he can barely stand the excitement.  He follows me wherever I go in the house, and he knows if I'm in the bathroom putting make up on, there's a good chance he's going for a ride in the van. 
I love that he is older, and calm.  Last week, during a particularly "bad mom day,"  he sat right next to me on the couch and I swear, he comforted me.  He doesn't expect a lot, and gives so much.  And sometimes, when he looks at me with those greying floppy ears, I swear, I could kiss his face right off.

To think, I never knew this kind of unconditional love from a non-human before.  Wow.  I know you pet owners out there get it.  I'm happy to have joined the ranks with you. 

 For the record, Dennis the turtle and our 18 fish in the pond are also doing well.  I plan on doing a layout featuring our wild kingdom soon...

Hope all is well in your world...

No comments: