Monday, March 4, 2013

Burlap Wreath

 
Here's what you'll need:  2 Rolls of 2.5" burlap (20 yards total), 2 bags of fern pins(50 count), and a 14" foam wreath form.  I purchased all of my products at my local craft store (Pat Catan's), but these are fairly easy to find. 
Next, wrap your styro form in burlap.  I did this in case I had a lapse in coverage, and to help the pins stay in place.
 
Next, I started making large "8" shapes, and pinning them in the middle.  I did this in a free-form manner, making sure to not leave any holes.  I used extra pins as I went if they were needed, and I had almost a full pack left over.
It goes fairly quickly.  The whole thing took about 30 minutes, tops.
 
I hid my hook, but you could easily use a loop to hang it in the back.
 
I was inspired by a store sample, and lifted the idea entirely.  They were charging $37 for this wreath, and I spent $14 on mine.  Not a bad DIY project!  With the finished burlap loops, the finished wreath ends up being closer to 18" large, and perfect for a front door, too!
 
Enjoy your day!!

2 comments:

pickmepam said...

so darn cute!

Marge said...

oh man....I think I feel a run to "Hobbily Lobbily" coming on!! That is darling!!